13.4.05

Yeeeeeeeeee-haw!

I am finishing up the last of my schoolwork: studying for my exam tomorrow at eight in the morning(!) and my English final. L and I decided to fly to Paris on the 24th for a ten-day jaunt. We bought the tickets this afternoon (as I watched the Travel Cuts agent crop our photos to fit the International Studnet cards. They way her hands moved as she circumscribed each photographs' edge was odd, the slim, firm paper seemed to rotate on its own as the white background around our heads and our shoulders were peeled off like an apple skin. Her desk was littered with little rectangles. The whole scene had me thinking) and we also picked up the Lonely Planet guide. I know, it's so touristy! But, it's not like we know anything about the city and where to stay and eat. Lonely Planet is good for that; it includes the really cheap places, unlike Frommers where, like, the super-expensive places are given a one dollar sign (like so: $) to denote "affordable." Bite me.

My last day of work is on Friday, not Thursday like I was led to believe. Yes, I know, I led myself. No need to get so bitchy.

What I want:

1. iPod Shuffle
2. Digital camera (the H family camera is here again, so L and I playing with it and may bring the bad boy to Paris with us)
3. Complete works of H.P. Lovecraft, for a future project
4. Books detailing the history of Palestine and Israel
5. More money for comics

And, I'm heading down to Seattle again to attend a conference for writing tutors. Myself, plus four other co-workers, are being driven to the University of Washington to attend the seminars and, you guessed it, eat tons of free food! And spend American dollars! Duty-free! I'm putting on a ten-gallon hat and shooting red wine out of turkey basters!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just talked to Real!Live!Parisians! on the phone. God I feel like such a hick when I talk to people from France. But they called me madame anyway, and pretended to understand most of my joual.

So, we are booked in a shabby, rundown yet charming little joint in the Marais. It's called the Rivoli, and the lady there is pretty nice and it's cheap but got good ratings too. We can have a room with lavabo aka sink from the 26th to the 3rd if we want it. It's on Rue des Mauvais Garcons (literally bad boys street), which is, surprise, surprise, a gay neighbourhood. Rad, no?

Now we just need to find something for the night we get there. I called this one place in the Quartier Latin, but they upgraded to a 2 star which = 95 euros a night. I totally bargained the guy down to 70 euros, though. I told him I'd consult and call back. It's steep, but might be nice. That's my update. Maybe I should get a blog so we can duel.
A tantot mon cher,
L

Jay said...

Excellent. All we need is the Swiss Army knive and the monkey's paw, and France will be ours!