10.12.06

In Memoriam, Michael Kenneth Webb

On Friday, December 8th, at approximately 9:30 PM, my father quietly passed away.

My mom, Lisa and I left his room at around 9:00 to get food, and when we got back to my parents' place we got the phone call. I haven't cried like I did that night for a long time.

According to the nurse, it's very common for people to wait until they're alone to pass on. My dad wanted to leave with dignity, and he did.

The memorial will be held on Wednesday. I will be reading a eulogy.

I want to give a huge, heartfelt thank you to friends and family who have supported my mom and I during my dad's passing. On behalf of my family, we appreciate all you've done and said.

Take care of yourselves.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. All my love to you and your family. When you come back to town I'll be here to raise a pint with you and/or just to talk and hang out. Let me know.

Jay said...

Thanks again, Chris. Your kindness means a lot to us right now. We're doing alright, and each day is getting better.

It looks like I'm coming back into town on either Friday or Saturday. I'll call you as soon as I get back.