5.10.04

New job.

I had my first two hours of work today, the last hour will commence in little more than half an hour. I had those first day jitters, the kind that shuts down the useful parts of your brain and you have no idea on what the hell your supposed to do, while your co-workers mill about like little happy dwarfs on their way to the mine or Baskin-Robbins. I always look forward to being busy, rather than looking the part.

I do have some worries, and guess what? I'm going to tell to you! Feel free to move along at this point.

Well, (my roommate begins those sentences where he is about to explain something with "well". Now I'm doing it. Fappo!) my main concern is the whole competency thing. I'm getting paid to do this, and I can't afford to screw up. There is a great deal of responsibility with this gig, maybe more than previous ones. And the responsibility does give me a stomach ache, and a pasty mouth. That could be dehydration though. Anyway, yeah, my worries are probably shared by those in super important jobs, but the spectre of low self-esteem and fear is crawling towards me. Help.

No comments: