14.11.04

Catch up, no ketchup.

I am so sorry. Things have been hectic since I got the new job. I just talked to my parents (I'm typing as I'm talking, again I'm sorry) and I realized that I haven't seen this old site in awhile. I'm in the midst of writing a paper so I will keep this in point form and remember to stay in touch.

1. I have been reading like fiend. School stuff aside, I've been reading some Robert Creeley and C.R.R. Martin. I'm looking forward to reading Stephenson's second book, which is already out. So is the third. I am behind.

2. School is going well. I'm a little behind on my history reading but otherwise I'm up to date. I'm in the middle of crunch time so it really sucks to be around me right now. For English, a comparison of Emily Dickinson and Edna St. Vincent Millay, for history a paper on the anarchist contribution in the Spanish Civil War and an analysis of two articles for social theory class.

3. I like work. I wish I didn't have to come in this week but, well, there's that whole responsibility thing. Stupid conscience.

4. On the domestic front, everything is running smoothly. It gets a little cold in the house and the heating is not altogether fabulous but we manage to survive. I haven't had a chance to do some serious cooking, but I plan to get back into cuisine from Provence and maybe experiment with sushi. I am wicked at making sushi.

5. Oh, comics. Um, let's see. . .I'm still addicted to Bendis's Daredevil and I want to pick up Torso. I picked up Warren Ellis's new book Ocean and I'm still waiting for Wanted, Ex Machina and We3 to finish up so we can all go home. I'm looking forward to Shaolin Cowboy, Daisy Cutter, and the Flight book that came out recently. I asked for Bizarro Comics for X-Mas.

And, Happy Birthday Dad!

No comments: