21.8.06

Help me intrawubbs, you're my only hope.

So here is my dilemma.

Recently, I mentioned that I was prescribed Zoloft. I haven't filled the prescription yet. Initially, I wasn't concerned about taking short-term medication. Now I have a problem.

Jess offered to help me pursue alternative methods that deal with anxiety. Attending restorative yoga classes, drinking herbal teas to counter anxious emotions and visiting an Ayurvedic doctor are just some of options I have at the moment. I'm going to explore them all.

I only had small "eruptions" since Friday. Once when I was waiting in the line to board the ferry (the crowd was suffocating me; every time someone brushed against me my throat would tighten), and really, just little moments scattered across the day. The headache is all but gone.

The crux is that I still get the occasional attack, and counseling takes an extraordinary amount of time. I'm patient, yes, but I need to live a relatively normal life, too.

What should I do, intrawubbs? Fill the prescription and fight back the anxiety until I get a handle on my messed-up, confused feelings or trudge ahead without the pills?

Now I really want to exercise that "for friends only" option for Blogger. I've written erotica and horror in the past (but not erotic horror, heavens no - my first name isn't Alabaster) and I really want to return to those genres in the future. I want to share my work with my internet friends but not all my internet friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey man

just wanted to let you know that im still trying to think up a good response to your question... especially from the perspective of someone who faced the same questions herself.

of course im not sure i'll have the best advice considering i'm a little depressed today after having a *gasp* 2 day weekend and realising the extra time just makes me more homesick. and i got a headache since i didn't drink all the tea i usually drink and then i cut my finger popping ibuprofin out of the blister pack.

see...maybe im not the best person to post right now.

-j

Jay said...

Not a problem. I think working in a blistering hot desert for several months has its own challenges.