23.8.06

Testing: The Dark Does Matter.

I heard the news yesterday! Scientists at NASA found compelling evidence proving that dark matter exists. BoingBoing did a fine job covering the news release. The post has plenty of links.

I'm experimenting with a Firefox extension that allows you to write entries from a window in your browser, without having to log in directly to Blogger. This is an excellent idea, but I can't get the thing to work at the moment.

I've already signed up for email posting. Now, if I only I could send posts via cell phone or a smaller (read: portable) word processor with a wireless connection. My goal is to send posts directly from the site or event. Liveblogging! This is nothing new, but the idea gets me excited. Maybe record audio samples or even some video and upload them.

2 comments:

Headless-in-GR said...

Ah, the dark stuff matters, but I just found out that poor Pluto is dead!

Here's a link: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/08/060824-pluto-planet.html

Jay said...

I was really surprised by the decision. I haven't followed the link you provided, but I am wondering how such a decision is made.

Someone (or many someones) must have been vested a great deal of power, since being able to name anything and have it stick requires a degree of authority. I wonder why the public wasn't given a greater in voice in this?

Another interesting point about Pluto is just how we define planets now. What about planets that are incredibly hot and toxic like Venus?