10.7.06

The Aftermath

I'll have to keep this short for reasons I'll explain later.

First, thanks to all who came to my party Friday night. I had an amazing time and received some wonderful gifts from friends and family. Thank you so much!

We started with four of us, Kevin, Iain, Andrew and myself kicking the football around in the park. Later, we ended up with almost twelve players, including kids, parents and the occasional dog running over to grab the ball. When we got back to the house the guests had already arrived, and Carla did a wonderful job setting up the hibachi and getting the coals nice and fiery.

The hike was amazing, but there was an accident. While I standing at the bottom of the chimney leading to the summit, a loose rock fell and landed on the back of my head. I dropped and I lost feeling in my arms and hands. Will, Kayla and Kevin scrambled to stop the bleeding and I somehow walked down the mountain, thanks to my friends. A few hours later I had six staples in my scalp and a tetanus shot courtesy of Squamish General Hospital. No concussion, and apparently no brain damage.

Okay, I have to go and rest. See you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude. And I was being a whiny bitch about getting wine on my clothes.

Glad to hear you're okay. At least you'll have something to read while you're recuperating. I'll call you soon.

Anonymous said...

oh my... well happy to hear you are alright - and healthy enough to blog.

take care - you aren't young anymore! you could have broken a hip!
-julia

marlo said...

JAY! Aagh, that's terrible! Yes, definitely rest, buddy, and get better soon.

Jay said...

Thanks everyone! I'm feeling better after a day of resting and eating.

I also watched Freaks and Geeks and read The Portable Dorothy Parker (thanks Chris!) all day. I should get injured more often. No, wait.

Marlo: the cheese you gave me is amazing on veggie burgers!