12.6.05

Several men sit down at a round table, the eldest coughs and says:

I will keep this brief: I am attempting to cover my ass as I (a) try to get the final draft of my group project sent to the other members and (b) arrange a new time to take my mid-term, which I will be missing on Tuesday on account of J's high school graduation. No, not mine. We need to get over there Monday night so we are all ready for the ceremony. "There" being the lovely Isle of Vancouver.

Life is good. I spend my weekends cooking, eating what I cook, writing and visiting. In case teachers read this - yes, I do the homework too. It pays having a three day weekend.

I find stress has become the high octane fuel churning inside my little engine. The sounds and sights around me fade away and I center all my attention at the task at hand, imagining all the horrible things that would occur if I fail. Luckily, I have a gruesome imagination.

No comments: