15.2.06

Making goals.

I now have some goals for the rest of the year. I've been revising these items for quite some time, which is good, but I would much rather have a solid schedule than something fluid or ambiguous. When Lisa asked me yesterday what I want to be when I grow up (although I feel I've already lived three lifetimes) I simply said "writer." And then, teach at a university or college to make ends meet. If you want a picture of my future, then that's it. So, here's some short-term goals for me.

1. Return to the Ubyssey. I know, it doesn't pay, but if I'm going to be a full-time student and a no-time writer I might as well be producing something. I'll be emailing the editor today.
2. Finish the first drafts for the three short stories I've been working on. Getting one story published is great, now let's see if I can keep up the momentum.
3. The play. Or plays. Yeah, there's another draft in the works. I'm going to admit defeat, but these projects will have to go on the backburner for awhile. Blah.

I suppose the last one isn't a goal.

How was everyone's Valentine's Day? If you despise the holiday with all your heart then you might as well move onto the next website. Yesterday was a quiet day for us. We slept in, I did some reading, then we went out to our favourite cafe and ate sandwiches and studied. Later, we went over to Jesse's for cake and wine, and we watched season two of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

I hate to cut this short but I gotta get to work.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

um my name is not jesse. unless you think of me like uncle jesse from full house. he was cool and wore tight pants and played drums with the beach boys. only uncool thing is that his best friend was dave coulier. blech.

now must go rock out to kokomo
love jesse

Anonymous said...

Scuze me, Jesse but you and that full house guy are imposters!

The original:
https://www.transactionserver1.com/_images/UncleJesse.jpg

And how can you knock Dave Coulier?

Cut. It. Out.

Jay said...

OMG HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU NOT TO LEAVE COMMENTS ON MY BLOG UNCLE JESSE.

I am calling the intrawebb police.

Anonymous said...

i've i'd known that all it took to get you to comment on my blog was to call you jesse... i would have done it long ago.

Jay said...

There are worse things to call someone. Unfortuntely, none of those things will get people to comment on your blog.

Trust me.