21.2.06

Take your grievances to the appropriate department, sir.

I finished work almost an hour ago, but my reserves were completely tapped. The idea of boarding a crowded, humid bus then being wedged into a corner by a mass of Goretex and backpacks was not altogether appealing. Go figure. After a bag of dill pickle chips, which tasted remarkably like stale cheese, and cruising around the internets like a ravenous shark, I feel up to the task of actually getting home. I've been feeling pretty low since Monday. I'm not used to getting up before noon.

There's an exam on Thursday, and a relatively important assignment for English. I'm thinking of doing an online presentation on Emily Dickinson and her metrical techniques.

Hm. I have to write a quiz in order to further qualify for my exchange. It's one of those common sense quizzes: what would you do if you are set on fire? Yeah, those kinds of questions. I chatted with my co-worker, who also applied to Slovenia, and she was surprised that the exchange office has these incredibly difficult hoops to jump through now. And will the University of Ljubljana actually accept my application? Thank you, UBC. Nothing like keeping bureaucracy the navigable waters it never was.

Oh, bad sentence.

No comments: