27.5.05

Strange

This is totally crazy and I have to blog this. I just finished a review for Mike Mignola's Jenny Finn: Doom, which I lavished more praise onto than Steven Grant's critique on Comic Book Resources. I actually liked the art, I thought it added to the overall tone of the story. Mind you, I didn't exactly absorb the entire comic yet. Anyway, I mentioned to I, the arts editor, that the comic had a Herman Melville feel to it, but I didn't include it in the finished article. I don't know why, probably beause I had some nagging doubt about the vaildity of my claim. I just checked out Steven Grant's final assessment:

Not quite so successful is JENNY FINN: DOOM, an attempt at Lovecraftian horror (though it somehow comes off more as Herman Melville) by Mike Mignola.

My eyes widened when I read that sentence.

No comments: