5.4.06

I like this picture of Whitman. I'll be shooting for this look when I get to that age.

I've been drinking the coffee at school for a few months now, but this morning I brewed my own in the new Bodum. Forgetting the potency of home-brewed coffee, I succumbed almost immediately and experienced something like a PCP-induced state: my heart rate shot skyward and all the colours outside were vivid and shifting. I think I need to adjust the coffee-to-water ratio until my metabolism gets habituated to real coffee.

Okay, poetry question time. If you were to teach a class on 20th century American poetry, what would you put on the syllabus? What about 20th century French poetry?

2 comments:

grad student hack said...

That is the sweetest picture ever. I'm going to try to defy my gender/genetic destiny and look like that when I'm old too.

Jay said...

He looks so kind.