21.4.06

The sun comes out when you study.

Two nights ago I managed to get some writing done. Something, like, 500 words maybe? I wrote the opening scene and some dialogue that takes place mid-way through the story.

I did see No Great Mischief last night on a media ticket. The performance was really enjoyable, with some memorable lines throughout, but I had a hard time accepting the physical aspects of the play. The actors would use mime rather than using actual props, and the set was completely sparse, but I wasn't entirely convinced. I understand that when a story takes place in different time periods and the actors must make quick shifts the use of an elaborate set would just get in the way. The transitions through time were well done, but there were times when the actors got sloppy.

Maybe I'll write more later, but right now it's back to the books. Two more exams, people.

No comments: