27.9.04

hurray

What an unexpected surprise.

On Saturday, K called me in the afternoon to tell me that my good buddy W was in town; they had been cycling around Burnaby Mountain and were about to attend a bike art show/street party. I made my way to K's house so we can all go together but. . .they weren't there! I walked over on my own and the boys arrived later, which is funny because they biked over, and little old me was bikeless. The party was awesome, especially the tank bike (two office chairs welded onto self-propelled homemade tank treads) plus other neat-o creations.

We drank too much, everyone danced like fools (except me, I ain't dancin' for no one) and we tried to take the five-person bike for a ride. Despite the creator's blessings, we were denied an exit. W and K doubled me back to K's house, which is fun and scary when inebriated, and was able to get a deal on our delivered pizza (gyros for the meat-eaters) when we discovered we were short by a few dollars. We woke up to T's glorious breakfast of fruit salad and homemade croissants (T totally thinks her croissants sucked, but I loved them! They were tasty! And homemade!) and after digging in K and T's garden, we were treated to a visit from C. Fun weekend.

Now I have to work on a paper. Hurray.

No comments: