12.9.04

The world is a complaining costumed pizza burglar spouting film critiques.

Heh. I try to update this bad boy as much as possible these days, but with school work lurching on my shoulder (yes, I know - it's the first week and I shouldn't be whining too much, like those who complain when we turn the clocks back or forward an hour. It's only an hour people!) I often forget the important things: anonymous web surfers.

On that note, I just saw Spider-Man 2 again. One of the best super-hero film so far, next to Hellboy. I think Raimi had learned from previous filmmakers mistakes, like not deviating too far from the original story and adding some plausibility to the textures, colours and overall architecture of the film. Aunt May's house, Peter's apartment and Harry's penthouse all have distinct personalities that add a human dimension - they look and feel like living, breathing human spaces.

K. 's house got broken into again. That totally sucks, and it must be so uncomfortable staying in a house that doesn't feel safe.

Besides that, I'm about to dive into social theory and some archaeology. A big shout out to C. for coming over and hanging out with us. A truly fun guy.

Oh yeah, before I sign off, I should mention that we went out for pizza at Unc's (Uncle Fatih) and the pizza we had knocked Pizza Garden out of the ring. Little or no grease, generous and unique toppings, and now they have dessert pizzas. So, there is now a new contender - the place with no name downtown! Who will be emerge victorious? Stay tuned!

No comments: