25.9.04

Spellcheck vs. Me

I'm waiting to see my English instructor, so I'm killing time in the library by making sure my blog is brimming with trivial details. I don't know her exact office number so I'm going to waltz into the English department and hunt around.

Anthropology class was fun, and we finished early! We had a quiz (I actually got to class to write it!) and I got 38 out of 40, that's like 95%-98% or something. I'm sure you folks out there have better math skills than I do. I would like to take biology some time, but I object to dissecting animals that were bred for that specific purpose. I've been meaning to send an email to the department head and get some information on alternatives.

Hm. I just remembered, I have history paper to work on.

J.(not me) called from the Learning Centre to confirm my interview. I have to bring in an essay and a research paper, plus a reference from one of my instructors. I got the reference, now I just have to pick two of my best papers. I don't have a true research paper, although my history paper from two terms ago may qualify (a comparative look at two non-fiction books) as a contender. The essay portion is not a problem.

I'm not reading anything too interesting, mostly school stuff and little snippets here and there. Still plowing through Stephenson, and reading some early twentieth century fantasy and contemporary media studies. Some Gramsci when I get a chance.

As of today names will not be written with a "." anymore, just the letter. The spellcheck has a hard time dealing with my flourishes.

No comments: