9.9.04

I *HEART* Vancouver

I've arrived home, safe and sound. I finished history class (which will be a lot of work, but I'm going to discuss The Triumph of the Will in class. That will be interesting to say the least) and took the train home. I picked up some beer and as I waited for the bus a woman informed me that because of the movie being shot, the buses were being diverted. So I walked down to see the spectacle and lo and behold, the Fantastic Four movie crew was setting up. What was weird is that Da Kine, the "head shop" in the neighbourhood, was busted, so the scene become surreal - a comic book movie set (a small public space was transformed into a park with a working water fountain) and a spontaneous pot rally were meshed together, with old hippies yelling at the cops and film crew members and extras hanging out drinking coffee or whatever. So I went out for curry.

No comments: