27.12.04

I'm off to solve a mystery.

So, L and I arrived this afternoon, and I'm writing this from a hotel in Victoria my parents were nice enough to book for us. We feel extremely spoiled. My dad works here so he was able to swing a deal. The interior has been preserved in its original decor, like the main foyer and staircases. When I stepped into the hotel I felt as though it was 1911, and I was here to solve a series a gruesome murders, plus the disappearance of a rare artifact. Yeah, I know, I have a rich inner life. Apparently, Emily Carr died here, in fact on our floor, and her ghost can been seen crossing the hallway. The hotel was originally built to accomadate workers building the Empress Hotel and other projects, and the pub has been a gay bar, a biker hangout and a myriad of other identities.

I'm trying to hook up with friends but so far, no success. I think I took down a wrong number for C's cell phone, and another friend isn't home. So we're taking it easy in our hotel room. Here is a list what I got for X-mas, read'em and weep:

A chef's knife
S-cable adapator for the laptop
Chocolate, a ton of chocolate
A book on tofu and miso
$75 from my parents, plus some from my grandma (thanks granny!)
$25 gift card to Chapters/Indigo
A book on the illustrator who painted covers for Star Wars novels and other stuff
Fencing lessons! I start in January!
A desk!
A miniture house for a Christmas village
There is some other stuff but I can't remeber everything!

I think I'll pick up the Louis Riel graphic novel from Chester Brown, and Project Nomads (a neat-o game) and possibly a new jacket or jeans. Consume!



No comments: