9.12.04

More X-Mas Greed.

Stone Butch Blues by Leslie Feinberg

and

An Archive of Feelings by Ann Cvetkovich - These books were suggetions on the Le Tigre homepage, and I'm always up for new books. I totally missed them when they were here. Groan.

The Spanish Civil War - I liked writing my paper on this subject, so a reference of my own would be nice. I plan to write more on anarchist history and maybe even something on Canadian women who volunteered in Spain.

Chef's knife - 'Cause I gotta.

Hellboy DVD - I like the comic, so sue me.

Gangs of New York DVD - I like history, and yeah, this film tends to lean towards historicism. However, it's nice to see another vision of the past, one that is dirty, snarling, backstabbing, poor and political. Screw you, Road to Avonlea. I don't care if some uppity bourgeois pre-teen from the turn of the century soiled her bonnet, and needs to get a new one before the Huge Society Ball. I really couldn't care about the whining middle-class, or the boring super-rich that supposedly "shaped" nations. Gangs of New York argues that cities are built from the street up.

Fencing classes - En guarde!

No comments: