24.11.05

A poem comes to life, part two.

Glenn Gould
comes back to life,
buys a grape soda
from a corner store,
one with a green aluminum
awning over the door.
Then,
he calls up the radio station,
CBC I think,
standing in the phone booth,
sipping soda, bending
the pull-top back and forth, back
and forth.

I altered the lineation in this version, and included punctuation where I thought is would be appropriate.

Some news: I'm going out Friday afternoon/evening with Iain for good times, then having breakfast at quite possibly my favourite breakfast place in this city with the lovely Margo. Maybe other lovely people would like to join us? Margo and I both worked at the Learning Centre, and now she's at SFU. On December 1st, I'll be holding a workshop on exam essays for the UBC Writing Centre. It'll be an hour long (like an actual class!) and I have some fun ideas, courtesy of Jess (thanks again) so the students don't drift off to sleep. I'll be planning it out over the weekend, as I finish my English paper and study for my sociology exam. Oh, and the cat will be visiting the vet today. Heaven help us all. Coffee awaits.

No comments: