1.11.05

The End and the Future.

I want to return to a exercise regiment again, but school keeps me glued to the seat. Sometimes, I start to get worried if I'm not reading or writing school related stuff. I will return to the gym and the dojo soon.

Just to let you guys know, Terminal City has officially folded as of Monday. The publisher released a press statement yesterday after a meeting with the editors. My section editor sent me an email with her work number so she could relay the bad news to me. Ugh. There's going to be a food and booze session this Friday, with whatever backpay owed to writers and editors. This sucks. TC was one of the few independent media outlets in the city, and was kind of an institution for awhile there. I know the newspaper folded a few years ago and then was sparked back to life, but I'm skeptical such a rejuvenation would occur again. I get paid, I get fed then I get booze. A nice way to end, I suppose. I was thinking of cutting my ties with them in the future; I guess this is a sign, of sorts. I have my eye on the Tyee, Quill and Quire and, uh, well, I reckon that's it for now.

An essay due next Monday. Another exam next week.

2 comments:

Julia said...

wow. you don't sound happy. you're kinda bumming me out.

think of happy things... like jess' birthday (sure to be plenty o'booze there), sal, and the fact that you were totally published. woo hoo! more than this i-wanna-be-a-writer hack.

and jason would like to remind you that this is what terminal city does. often. so don't worry.

Jay said...

Yeah, like I said, this wasn't the first time the newspaper folded. I'm just not entirely convinced it's going to come back.

But I'm not too worried about it. There's other venues out there. The Tyee is Terminal City's sister paper - I just have to pitch something to them.