16.3.06

Day Four

Yeah, day four. I wrote 400 words for Mr. Blake, who is turning out to be quite the complex fellow. His poetry, and I'm referring to Songs of Innocence and Experience, seem to waver between serious discourse and, perhaps, some comedy? I've yet to explore this further. Oh, and I wrote 500-600 words for my Poe paper this afternoon. Not much to say there, except the link between Freud's "nervous illness" and Poe's tortured narrator is looking flimsy, and I have to bring in the multimedia parts too.

2 comments:

Jane Dark said...

Hallo, J!

Thank you for the kind words over at my site -- I'm sorry I haven't been around more here.

And you're spot on if you think there's comedy in the Songs, so trust your instincts (actually, trusting your instincts is really important in Blake anyway).

I'll have to look around and see what else you've been working on.

Jay said...

Hi Jane!

Yes, my initial instinct, coupled with some other readings, definitely compelled me to think Blake was employing irony in his work.

Besides school work, I'm slowly getting through some short stories to submit to journals, and a little freelancing when I get the chance.