13.3.06

Day One

As of today, I'm in work mode. I have to see the prof for my American lit class, go to an orientation for my exchange program, and then collect research material and class readings at the library. Then I write, write like I've never written before.

A couple of semesters ago, while I was at Douglas, I enrolled for five classes. Near the end of the term I had papers due for all those classes at around the same time. I panicked, so I procrastinated, which ignited more panic, and so forth. I was a wreck for two weeks. I'm worried I'm going to pull the same stunt this semester. I decided that whenever I'm awake, I will be writing. No doubt this blog will suffer as a consequence.

Did I mention that I'm interviewing the director for a student production of Mamet's Sexual Perversity in Chicago? I'm slowly returning to freelancing, although I'm not getting paid. More clips for the file, I suppose.

2 comments:

grad student hack said...

Thing is, I don't think you will procrastinate/panic. You were a new student then. Now you know what you have to do, how to go about it and it won't actually take you that long once you start. And you've already started. Don't stress about freaking out, cuz it'll make you freak out. Just get it done, like we all know you can!

Jay said...

You are teh sweetest, you know that? I think I have these papers under control.