2.5.06

Blood and books.

I finally went into the lab and got my blood test. Although I've gotten used to them, I wish patients can have a regular lab technician like you would have a regular hairdresser. The woman who took the sample last time was so good, I didn't even feel the needle. Today I really felt the needle slip into my vein and my arm started to ache. Not pleasant at all.

I did write today. I'm gathering some lit theory terms I need learn, and I'm putting together a self-study curriculum for the summer. I am teh geekiest.

3 comments:

marlo said...

Oh, Christ. I am so needle-phobic that the phrase "felt the needle slip into my vein" made me physically cringe. URG.

They make me lie down when they take my blood because I'm a fainter.

So I am assuming that you are, but I thought I'd better double-check - are you and Lisa gonna be at the Big Thingy at the Anza Club on Saturday? I am looking forward to seeing you two. We really ought to physically hang out sometime.

Jay said...

Oh, yes. We will be totally there, wearing strange sounding bells on our shoes. Hell, I'm buying new shoes for this event.

Yeah, we should definitely hang out! I am all about the fun.

When I was little I was in a horrible car accident, and many months after I was released from the hospital I had to return to get a dye injected into me so the lab techs can see my kidneys in the x-ray, or whatever the hell they used. Even though I'm pretty accustomed to being "medicalized," there are times when I just want to throw up.

Jay said...

And Lisa and I are excited to see you at the reception!