22.5.06

So what's going on here?

I just sent my writing sample to Bookslut, and now I'm filling in the application form for my scholarship. This thing is a million pages long.

In other news, my dear friends Robin and Grace are having a baby! I just found out this morning in an invitation for a barbecue that appeared in my inbox. Yes, I think I will be attending. Congratulations you two!

I still need to get a belated wedding present for you-know-who.

The short story is coming along swimmingly. Chris and I had a great conversation about our own writing practices, and when I got home I was energized and wrote a couple of hundred words. I have a brief outline and some notes on what needs to get done. Like Chris said, writing is a solitary craft, but writers need to talk to each other on occasion to untangle this messy business of writing.

I don't know what I'll do when I finish the first draft. I was thinking of workshopping it, but then I have to commit to a group and invest time I don't really have at the moment. My other plan is to send it out to friends and get their feedback.

I think my insomnia is pretty much cured.

No comments: