4.5.06

That last sentence has a Dickinson feel to it. Discuss.

So, yesterday, I bought a suit. I haven't bought a suit for well over a decade. Sure, I've owned ties and crisp white shirts and blazers and flashy pants (flashy pants!) but not as a complete package. I even picked up shoes. Pointy shoes!

Now I am a grown-up, a grown man!




Why so many exclamation marks? My friend is getting married, and other friends are coming to the reception to celebrate. It will be a friend-party. The best kind!

I'm not sure about the tie, though. I was looking for something thick and vibrant, either green or light red. The one I chose is too muted, like an old man's tie. Not that there's anything wrong with that, no, I just wanted a splash of colour to contrast with the dark suit. Ah, we'll see.

Also, I don't know how to tie a tie.

2 comments:

M said...

You don't know how to tie a tie? Well, there are extremely horrible instructions online. I especially like the ones where they actually cover the tie with their hands.

Jay said...

When I finally found a website with decent instructions, it took my housemate and I about half an hour to figure it out.