26.8.04

blah!

Well I'll be! Summer has become a huge tear in the fabric of space-time, 'cause I have not updated this sucker in awhile! There has been some minor developments since we last chatted. My friend C. has arrived, safe and sound, from Calgary and is doing well. We hung out briefly at the pub a few nights ago and has disappeared since. It's understandable, he's waiting for his sublet to become available and is couch surfing, so I don't mind if I don't hear from him.

There is a small battle being waged in my house regarding chores. From my perspective, I do most of the work and everyone else slacks off. I proposed an observation period that will determine who does exactly what around here. I will make an calendar and record who makes a mess and who cleans it up, being as objective as possible. I know this sounds a little extreme, but sometimes the icy stare of scientific inquiry is the only method to solve domestic problems.

I am currently sipping yummy coffee and wating for my hashbrowns to cook. I've been into food from Provence lately, although the last few nights I have been trying out some Italian antipastos, simple stuff like crostini. The problem with some of the French dishes is the inclusion of fish and fish stock, and I'm a strict veggie. What's really weird is that these recipies are in the Moosewood cookbook, which is a mostly vegetarian restaurant. You would think they would create subsitutes for the non-fish eating crowd.

Oh, and about the best buck-a-slice in town contest. Pizza Garden has gotten less greasy, so I will make a trip to Unc's to see how they handle the grease issue. Unc's has currently won the in "most generous toppings" category.

I am broke. Need student loan. Need comics.

No comments: