10.8.04

salt water

So the weekend was a little hectic.

I set out for some kayaking on Monday, and it was dope. We started out a little early, but the dang bus was late, so we decided to take another route to get up to Deep Cove. That put us behind a little bit but because it turned out to be such a nice day the situation was not at all terrible. After an embarassing attempt at trying to get my feet onto the pedals (when I first kayaked we had no pedals! This was a new development for me.) we set out. We rented the boats for only a couple of hours, though that was enough time to enjoy the water. I love to pour on some muscle and let the kayak soar, L. and I were silent as ninjas as we glided across the smooth water. We paddled near the first bend of Indian Arm, checked out a massive rock that seemed to have been shot out of the water, then we made our way back to the dock. I was crusted with salt water, and I tasted it on my lips for the rest of the day. I met up with R. for some chess and food, and came to the realization that chess is actually quite theraputic - my method of play reflects some aspects of my personality. Interesting.

School was a big hassle. I applied on Monday online, but was denied all my classes. I called the registars ofice and found that my program only allowed me access to certain classes. I rode the train to school this morning and had them change my program to Arts, so now I can take archeaology! Which I am. Well, introduction to archeaology. I applied for my courses in the library and now I'm good to go.

I did some writing and research today, and I plan to definitely do more later. I hear dinner being made. I'm going out for gelato after dinner and watch the sun go down. Maybe at the park. Now I'm tired.

No comments: