15.8.04

Home now

I got home at around 9:30 last night. The air was so cool and sweet, I didn't want to go back into my house.

So there was five of us, and we made our way up Mt. Seymour. There are three peaks to check out before you reach Seymour's summit, which is about 1451 metres. The weather was incredible, a little hot but you can find shady spots along the trail. We had the fortune of seeing a black bear (about 2 years old), two huge ravens and a male buck chewing on some grass near the trail. And a Jack Russell terrier - he was hanging out at Mystery Lake. There's a smaller trail that that bends away from the main trail as you leave/return from the parking lot that takes you to the lake, the coolest alpine lake I've seen in awhile. Lots of alpine bluberries to nibble on.

Because I'm a little sore and tired, I'll encapsulate my weekend in point form:

1. Went to the birthday party and it was a blast. Made lots of noise and drank too much.
2. The party began to wind down at one in the morning, so we went bike riding in the industrial area along the harbour. Keep in mind, I'm not a strong cyclist and I've only just started riding a few years ago. We biked for about three hours, we cruised the city streets past the clubbers and madness.
3. Crashed at my friend's place, slept for two hours then headed home to clean up and get ready for the hike.
4. Hiked, came home, slept alot, now I'm here.

No comments: