10.1.05

Get Off The Internet

The weekend was semi-productive. First, my library fine was reduced, on account that patrons of the Vancouver Public Library are given a one time waiver of their fines. Readers take note! The books that L renewed for me, but were listed as overdue, were erased from the record. I still had to pay the fine for two books that were not renewed plus the $15 fee the library so graciously charged me for handing my fines over to a collection agency. Oh well.

Student loan was cashed on Saturday, so I'm expecting it here this week. My mom sent my grandma's card, like, a week ago. Canada Post, I'm severely disappointed.

I downloaded Bleeding Sherwood from Cheapass Games awhile ago, and last night I actually made the effort to print out the cards, cut them out and read the sort-of-clear rules. The game is pretty fun, but it definitely becomes a better game with more than three players. I love the philosophy at Cheapass - games are too expensive, so make them cheap by getting folks to use their own pieces, dice, etc. I also made a funky casserole with carrots, eggplant, green pepper, onion, rice, and lentils, then covered it with a crust (breadcrumbs, yeast, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper) then baked for twenty minutes. It was tasty.

I did some reading yesterday, and I will finish my homework today. Then English class at seven until ten, PM that is. I start work tomorrow if the strike doesn't pan out.

No money, so no new game. The game wishlist:

1. Project Nomads
2. Frag
3. Zombies!!!
4. This game C introduced me to, where players build their kingdom by placing tiles down. Plays like dominoes, kind of.

Also, some long term plans.

1. Snowshoeing with L, K and T. Possibly others.
2. Celebrate Chinese New Year with K and T.

Now to get off the internet.

No comments: