16.1.05

A whole bunch of stuff! Make some coffee!

This weekend was pretty fun. L's clan arrived on our doorstep on Saturday starting with her cousin D and his lovely lady-friend J (not me!) who were on their way home from Toronto. Then, L's folks swung by and had lunch, and they headed out with A to see Million Dollar Baby while L and I stayed home and played mancala. We got phone call from D saying they missed the ferry, so the hauled their carcasses back to our house, where I was brewing up hot toddies for everyone. L's parents had to stay also, since the highway seemed pretty treacherous for driving. D and J took off this morning, and L's folks are staying another night and then they are heading for home tomorrow morning. It was a real treat having so many guests over, playing games and eating good food.

I did, in fact, get a lot of homework done. Monday is my very long day. I work from nine to twelve, then I work on school related stuff for seven hours on campus and after that I have an English class from seven to ten. That is thirteen hours at school. At least it gives me an opportunity to finish my monologue and my readings.

I've decided to hold back on buying a video game and I plan to funnel my cash into books, comics, and board games. I also will be putting money aside for archery gear, aikido lessons (lessons are held at another community centre on Saturdays for beginners. Luckily, I already own a gi from my previous lessons) and of course, the Emerald City Comicon. I already have accommadations set up and some money buried on a deserted island (well, not really "deserted", it's more like "unoccupied" during the tourist off-season. The joy of living near a chain of islands that are popular tourist destinations) for this trip. I am totally excited! Friends reading this here blog should email of they want to make the trip as well and get something going on.

No comments: