4.1.05

R.I.P.

I finished my first class in the new year, and I'm already a little dizzy from the demands and shouts emanating out of the world. It seems funny that as soon as I stepped back into my adult life all those obligations swoop down on you like starving vultures. It's not that bad though - my playwriting class was fun and I sense it will be demanding, with the assignments, workshops, meetings (we need to attend two one-on-one meetings with the instructor during the writing process) and exercises. But, this is a chance to write something creative rather than academic, and I have tried writing a (two?) plays before. I love listening to conversations and yes, I can be rather dramatic thank you very much. And this is only one class! I still have anthropology (religion), sociology (society and the environment) and English (fiction; it's an intro class so I'm thinking modern) and I have to get my work hours. So,

1. Get student card
2. Get books, paper (recycled), pens and pencils
3. Maybe get a new notebook

The biggest problem is money - my student loan hasn't arrived yet and I'm running on fumes. I have like $20 in my account. It looks like I'm borrowing cashola from L until the loan/bursary/grant/paycheque is placed in my sweaty palm. And check this out: I got a letter from a collection agency, on behalf of the library, reminding me to fork over $56.40 in overdue fees. This is totally out of line. I know I returned those books, and according to my library account those books have no record of return. Cripes. I am heading to the library today to dispute their claim.

To add another bruise to the day, comic book legend Will Eisner died yesterday. I can't give this guy any justice, so I will let this article do the work for me. I know, very un-Eisner of me. Tonight, my first fencing lesson!

No comments: