29.8.05

My God, this post is so boring.

Clothes report: Picked up two pairs of jeans, plus some ideas for future wardrobes. We will be heading out to American Apparel tomorrow for thin, cotton sweatshirts. I really need a blazer. Why the hell are they so expensive? I saw a couple in the mall, and they looked sharp. I want to look presentable when I go out in public. I'm sick of the "rough edges" applied to men's clothing. The ill-fitting jeans, the splashes of sickly pastel colours; I want to see a consistent palette that compliments each component. I usually don't have time, or funds, to keep up with style hounds. I'm also looking for socks, a scarf and maybe a hat.

Had lunch at Finches (Finch's?) with Jess. The decor was very relaxed and antique-y, which reminded me of having lunch at a friend's place. The Brie and walnut salad (I shared) had a friendly composition, but a little too much vinaigrette. The espresso was thick and rich. For me, the measure of a good espresso is whether or not I need a chaser. If I have to follow each sip of espresso with water, either mineral or plain, then what we're looking at is a good espresso. Now quit looking at it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On the Internet I'm not known as Andrew... I actually prefer to be abbreviated on you blog for some reason. Feels more like a secret identity but I guess the secret is out now. I'll have to get all "Tony Danza" (i feel like i'm toastily having to push to get this into common usage) on your ass for blowing my secret identity!

Anyhoo here's a pic from espresso's perspective.

Jay said...

My telepathic powers were at their lowest when I wrote that entry. A or Andrew? Choose, but choose wisely.

Wicked pic, by the way.