11.8.05

Theatre and writing

C was just here (I know, I can stop writing my friends and families' initials and use their full name, but the habit is difficult to break so bear with me) and I am heading out in a few hours. This will give me a chance to run some errands around the house and work on the play. I still have all my notes from previous workshops, so I have something to work from rather than scratching my head and wondering what the audience will like. My telepathic powers have diminished over time, you know. The weather is actually lovely again. The breeze cools everything down, and the sun is not as bright.

Speaking of plays, I think I've figured out the logistical problems with my radio play (C, I believe, knows what I'm talking about) but that won't be until the current project has built some momentum. Apparently, I might have to wait a year or two before my first one is produced, so in the meantime I will work on the other one. That also goes for short stories and articles as well. I totally missed an opportunity to publish a poem while I was at Douglas (argh!) but I was told my short story will be nominated for the student journal. Have I mentioned this yet? I'll pretend I didn't. Being nominated doesn't mean instant publication, it just means my submission will be added to the pile and considered. It would be cool to leave the college with a bang, so to speak.

3 comments:

Jane Dark said...

What kind of play? And you'll post if it's done on a radio that can be streamed, right?

Jay said...

You mean the radio play? I'm a tad paranoid about revealing projects on the interweb because, well, other writers sometimes steal ideas from newbies like me. What I can tell you is that it's a horror piece, and it will be a series. The radio play is a huge project, so it won't be done anytime soon. But, when it does get done, I'll definitely stream it.

Jane Dark said...

I can certainly understand the anxiety of idea theft -- don't worry, I'm not looking for details -- better to be surprised.