22.8.05

Quick.

What to do, what to do. I finished the article, and there's that slight twitch in my lower back again, telling me to be worried. I always loved that little gap of uncertainty. Did I do a good job? Is the piece effective? What could have I done differently? It's like I'm wrapping up a sandwich, one that I made myself, and giving it away for someone's lunch. I'm hoping that the person unwrapping the sandwich and taking the first bite will like it. Anyhoo, I'm doing a quick food review, due on Friday, plus other little projects for me.

One of my goals this year, and next year, is to add more layers of complexity to my work. Fine-tuning the craft, so to speak. A good story is well-crafted story, with all the parts interlocking and supporting each other, and dropping small details that flush out a scene and adding another layer of symbolism to the piece.

Need to check out BoingBoing more often.

No comments: