22.12.05

Concerns and such.

This entry is more of a warm-up for more writing this afternoon. We drove into Chilliwack on Tuesday evening, and I've been taking it easy since then. Yesterday, when I stepped outside, I watched the thick fog lift itself off the mountains, revealing the tall, dark evergreens growing along the slopes.

I read somewhere that when you're editing or producing your play, you should be working on another one. I did just that. I had an idea awhile ago, and I wrote some notes months ago and last night I sketched out the first scene. As always, I'm reluctant to reveal anything over the intrawebs, except for one detail I don't mind slipping out: I'm really interested in Grand Guignol. Look it up.

I hope this whole "don't say anything in public" doesn't make me sound like a conceited jerk. I'm a nobody. I've written a little over the years, but nobody knows my name. That being said, I've heard horror stories about writers or other creators having their non-copyrighted material being swiped by less scrupulous writers and claiming it as their own. It happens. And since I'm a nobody, if one one day I actually come up with a decent idea then it'll be extraordinarily simple to plagiarize it. Have I written about this before?

So I'll be writing this afternoon and later we have to go out and do some shopping.

No comments: