30.12.05

I bought something for my computer and it will not work.

So. Christmas.

Needless to say, but I'll say it anyway: I had a really good time. We started in Chilliwack, where we were spoiled by Lisa's parents for a few days. Even Lisa's granny, visiting from Toronto, was there to celebrate the holiday with us. My gifts are too numerous to list here, but Santa was definitely paying attention this year.

We then made our way to the cabin in Sooke. Although it rained off and on while we were there, we did get to relax and not be bothered by phone calls or deadlines. The cabin in nestled along the shore of the Sooke Harbour, with a clear view of the mountains in Washington State. I did a little impromptu bird-watching, read and dreamed about my thirtieth birthday. I actually went ice skating too; I fell down only once, much to the delight of the locals. One would think being born a Canadian, we come out with a pair of skates lashed to our chubby feet. Of course, if such a phenomena existed, it would surely explain the declining birthrate in this country.

I do intend to observe some New Year's resolutions this year. I know some folks think the idea of imposing personal change on oneself just because a single day tells us to is nonsense, but some of the positive changes in my life are a direct result of resolutions. The "no eating meat" thing I got going, for instance.

If anything, I vow to treat everyone I know with a year's subscription to witty and insightful commentary. Enjoy.

No comments: