12.12.05

Short, like daylight in winter.

So, not much to say. The linguistics final went well - I flubbed a couple of lines but my esteemed colleague filled in the details I missed. It's funny watching profs be themselves when they're not wearing the teacher face, joking around and flailing about like a frightened fish at the bottom of a rowboat. Our poster had a clean design to it: uncluttered text and strong visuals.

Not bad for a presentation at 8:30 in the morning.

I'm putting my house in order for the rest of the day. Try to get some more editing done, prepare my notes for the English exam and watch some Firefly. I really want to get some more gaming in and snowshoe as much as possible. Lisa wants to cross-country ski, which I'm terrible at, but I'm willing to re-learn walking up and down hills in skis.

With the federal government in a small degree of turmoil, the atmosphere seems a little electric, doesn't it?

Above, the view from my office in late autumn.

2 comments:

KC said...

awesome pic.

Jay said...

Thanks! I've been meaning to read your blog.