6.12.05

This I know.

I forgot to include this - some ideas for future research.

1. Doing a in-depth analysis of Marx's position on poverty and how the poor fit into his theory. I already know a quick and fast answer, but I want to collect all I can and go over the text myself.

2. Reevaluating Marx's quantitative data and overall methodology.

3. A research question: why is anarchist literature not discussed in conjunction with Marxist theory, especially those written prior to or during Marx's time? Historically, Marx's debates with notable anarchists like Bakunin (Marx's rival, actually) should be addressed. I'm not arguing that anarchist literature should be included, I only want to know why it is not included.

Relating Simmel to this question: our task is not to condone or condemn, but to understand.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*blink* blink*

uuhh... I think I'll retreat to MY "cosmic egg" now.

Jay said...

Please don't devour Earth when you emerge from the "Cosmic Egg."

I love how the term is in quotation marks all through the text.