9.12.05

The first X-mas expedition, some drama.

We just got back from doing some Christmas shopping. We did really well on our first expedition, keeping within our budget and cruising the stores for something that might stand out for us. For years, I was terrible at giving gifts. Either they were, well, inadequate to say the least, or I simply didn't buy anything at all. Nowadays I'm more than happy (although at times reluctant) to cut a swath through the belligerent, salivating Christmas shoppers to pluck holiday gifts from perfumed stores. There is something about being immersed in a crowd, as though I'm part of something much grander than my own mundane concerns.

Yes, I know, Christmas is overly commericalized, blah, blah, etc. When I'm eating Christmas dinner with my family then settling into the couch with some eggnog, the last thing on my mind is how miserable the world is. I know the world sucks sometimes, but my heart needs a break. Just seeing families being together means more to me than people's childish posturing.

Looked over the play yesterday and started editing today. Yeah, a bit of work this one. I really need to establish the characters' motivations, and untangle some condensed dialogue. At times, the character's leap from one topic to the next like rabbits, with no logic behind the shifts. I'll keep working.

Keepin' on, keepin' on.

No comments: