20.9.05

Money.

I'm finishing up a short paper.

Today was pretty interesting. I woke up early and helped Lisa clean up the house: the landlord was coming by with an appraiser, so you know. A tidy house is much more preferable to present than a barn-like catastrophe, especially when Old Man McLandlord comes a'callin'.

I should mention this, too. I am officially rolling in greenbacks.

So, to celebrate, we went to the Hatch for a late breakfast. The food was terrific, and I really dug the coffee refills. Why? Well, I had a job interview today for the Writing Centre on campus, and I needed that extra shove to relax my stiff, stubborn tongue. The interview went really well; it was more of a chat than a formal interview. We just went into my past experience, especially my time at the Learning Centre, but mostly I just asked a bunch of questions and discovered, much to my relief, that the centre there operates the same way as the previous one. Nothing new to learn! Well, not entirely. I'm really excited about this new gig. My first day is on Thursday, when I get the Big Tour and some orientation, then I have to observe another tutor. There's also a course offered, and it's mandatory. To be honest, the whole course was a problem for me. I already have plenty of experience, and my workload is at the breaking point. I seriously considered not taking the job if I was forced to take this course. There were some incentives though, like (A) I get paid to be trained (B) it's only a 6 week course (C) it's run by an award winning prof and (D) it's an opportunity to learn something new and listen to other perspectives. Plus it's free.

Tomorrow is new comic day, and I'm a'gonna spend, spend and spend.

1 comment:

Jane Dark said...

Hurrah for rolling in greenbacks. Have fun!