8.9.05

Problems.

So I hit a snag today. The first of many as I try to balance out my life.

I made my way to the Fringe Fest, waited awhile for the show to start, and when I arrived at the venue the women at the ticket table gave me a puzzled look when I told her I was with Terminal City. No entry for me. I didn't want to wait around for another two hours to find out my request for tickets wasn't considered. Now, I have to call the coordinator tomorrow morning and find out what's going on. Luckily, I'll have this situation sorted out and I can cover my losses.

And on top of that, I don't have all my books yet, and I need to get some reading done. I also have to find a part-time job on campus. These last few days have been a strain. I'm looking forward to ironing out my confusing, sordid life soon. Somebody, call me and tell me everything is going be okay.

I'm writing a film review for the Ubyssey in a couple of weeks, and hopefully Terminal City still wants stuff from me.

2 comments:

Julia said...

well i'm not going to call because it's past 11pm... but trust me it will be okay. are you applying for workstudy? that pays well. books will be bought. sometimes i didn't get books until 5 or 6 weeks in. and your article in TC was good. i read it. and i want a space invader of my very own.

now to cheer up just think of me trying to type this with my thumbs completely immobilized in a wrist/thumb splint. now that's funny.

Jay said...

I heard about your predicament! Get better soon! I'm impressed with your thumbless typing.

My lovely, lovely editor got on the problem this morning. Everyone has been awesome.