1.9.05

Today is Edit Day.

That's right. My afternoon will be spent editing a number of projects. I slept in this morning, and as I tap this keyboard the second to last crepe will be cooked. That's the joy of owning a laptop: I can cook and write in the same room. Two short stories (for the journal), notes for another story I finished and the play (no kidding) are on today's menu. No articles until next week.

I had a very odd dream, where I was Spider-Man and some villains formed a team to finally kill me. They knew my secret identity. I spent the dream hiding in different houses, which were all renovated heritage homes, in a neighborhood that reminded me of Toronto in autumn, or Fernwood in Victoria, only more crowded-looking and worn out. My house was in the neighbourhood, and I had to hide behind fences across the street or else they would've seen me. I watched a pregnant Mary-Jane walk home with a friend. I ended up looking for new clothes in a department store and the clerks there tried to get the customers to buy stock options. I kept watching the sky.

No comments: