15.9.05

Some news.

I need to blog a little to get the hamster inside my skull to start running inside his little wheel. Here is my itinerary for the next week or so, in case I neglect to post amidst the Maelstrom.

First, Lisa got back from the doctor's and she was informed that her leg is not fractured, but instead she has a major bone bruise that'll take months the heal. Poor girl. While she was out, she picked up a couple of belated birthday presents for me! A copy of Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norell and natural licorice. Oh, yes. Now, I have to finish a short paper for sociology, complete my linguistics homework, read the texts for sociology and linguistics, write an article for Terminal City, write a film review for The Ubyssey, edit the short stories and finally, apply for work study jobs. I have four lined up: English tutor, classroom assistant and assistant to the Manuscripts Curator in the library.

I also found out my last article for The Other Press was selected for the CUP (Canadian University Press) Wire, which means my article (some reviews of comics I've been reading) might appear in other school papers across Canada. And, my English prof from last term emailed me today to say I wrote an exceptional essay (on gender in the Petrarchan sonnets, and how they're countered in Shakespeare's sonnets) and I should consider using my thesis in a larger work in future classes. My wrist is sore from all this back-patting.

Robin and Grace might be staying here over the weekend, and I'll be calling Ryan on Friday plus hooking up with other friends too.

No comments: