22.7.04

The best pizza in town

I have the house to myself, which is good, and my friend has left for the ComicCon, which is bad. Bad because we didn't get to hang out enough (he is a very popular fellow, the entire city wanted to see him) and because another Con will pass me by like a speeding car. Sigh.

So to soothe my troubles, I decided to conduct a little experiment. Now, ladies and gentleman, brace yourselves. What I have to tell you may be shocking, so disturbing that you might tear out your hair upon hearing this.

I like 99 cent pizza.

Now, in my opinion the best cheap slice place in town is Pizza Garden. The ingredients are generally fresh, the slices are not drowning in grease, and there is a good selection of veggie choices (not just "garden" and "spicy"). But recently, a classmate introduced me to Uncle Fatima's (sp?) Pizza. Unc's is a bit more expensive, but holy Jesus on a bicycle I never thought broccoli would taste good on a pizza, but it does. There is so much flavour, the ingredients leap off the slice.

So this afternoon I made a trip to both. The verdict? Pizza Garden was exceptionally greasy today, and one of the options was a sun-dried tomatoe, pineapple and black olive pizza. It wasn't bad, the pineapple and tomatoe gave it a juicy, lively bite, then it was rounded off with the earthy olives. I also ordered the pesto, and it was dry and totally uninsipired. Unc's, on the other hand, offered a pizza with a virtual buffet on the slice. Very generous. Unfortunately, the vegetables didn't work together, the flavours were just mashed together to make the classic "salad" flavour of veggie pizza. I will consider this experiment to be round one.

No comments: