26.7.04

So begins our sordid tale, as our hero wastes his time browsing superhero websites, unaware of the hammer of doom swinging above his head. . .

What I hate, truly and without a doubt, are those free memberships offered online. I am addicted to them. Why are they forged with such malice, luring weary surfers with their siren song? Why can't I delete these accounts? Why are they so numerous? I do not recall any of the tenets of democracy being "saturate the bandwidth with more crap". Oversaturation is not about providing choices, it's about bombarding the hapless consumer with shades of the same mediocrity. Phooey!

One complaint and then you can go: I have a group presentation on Friday. There is one other member in my illustrious group. I have talked to this person on two occasions - at the beginning of the term and last week. I have nothing to bring on Friday. I have four days. The tension mounts.

No comments: