8.7.04

Frankenfurter, Frankenberry

I need to take a break from horror movies. I've been a fan for awhile now, I remember cruising by the horror section of the video store whenever I went with my parents. They would never rent them for me, but those covers where so enticing, they promised to bombard me with mystery and mayhem. Well, mostly mayhem. I had to depend on friends to gain access to them, or at the very least get a synopsis of the film. My relationship with the genre is borders on the love/hate type - sometimes I do get disturbed and I hate that, but I remain fascinated. I saw two entries recently, Dagon and Suicide Club (also released as Suicide Circle) and now I need I break. Dagon was great, all the Lovecraftian references thrown in (the Miskatonic sweatshirt) plus the build up to a moment of extreme gore equals a finely crafted film. I'm still aabsorbing Suicide Club, but needless to say the film merits a thorough examination. I'm still recovering from that kids voice over the phone, the "ahem" between sentences gave the conversation an unknowable menace.
Too much blood, and too much uncertainity and fear. Some people have that in large doses in their lives, and yet some pour into their hearts like it's made of chocolate. Not to brag, but I have seen films that can make the steeliest stomach projectile vomit on the ceiling, and at the moment my soul could use a rest.

. . .and soda. . .inflates me like a balloon. . .spent half of a three hour class. . .bubbling and burping. . .oh god. . .

No comments: