17.7.04

Circuits, friends and beer

Nothing really exciting to report. I'm enjoying the lovely weather from the comfort of my own home, whittling away the hours behind the computer until tonight, when I meet a friend at the pub. As usual, I'm a little nervous, even to meet a friend. Well, there will be others there too.

It's funny how I'm comforted by knowing what all my friends are doing at the moment. One is out hiking (lucky bastard!), one is here in town, a few are on the Island living out their lives. There's a couple of friends in Alberta, but because I have no idea what they're up to I get all diconcerted over their absense. You would think, with such advanced telecommunications, people would remain connected like they're on a long daisy chain. It's too bad technology is shaped by the human heart.

No comments: