20.7.04

A great Horse-Head emerged from the foamy depths. . .

I haven't been able to get anything on this dang site for awhile, but I'm impressed with my rigorous writing schedule on the whole school front. I had the fortune of going to the horse races on Sunday, and was able to break even after buying an expensive lunch. The eighth and nineth races were thrilling; the horses I picked for the two races were both #7 (one was named Lord Samurai) and I bet they would place - pretty safe bets, I know, but the odds were not really in their favour. So in the nineth race, my horse was, like, in fourth and trailing to fifth, then he pulled to the inside and swept past the others! The horse was a symphony of muscle and determination, his hooves barely touched the ground. I believe I feel the stirrings of a new addiction.

Picked up Shadows Over Baker Street from the library - a collection of short stories by prolific writers of sci-fi, horror, fantasy and mystery. What are these stories about, you ask? Well, I'm glad you asked. Imagine Sherlock Holmes, plus Watson, Mycroft and Irene Adler, and put them into Lovecraft's world. Yup, one of my favourite fictional characters going up against the Old Ones! Oh, and I'm reading Emma Goldman's "Living my Life" and a bunch of other stuff. But Sherlock Holmes! Cthulhu!

No comments: