6.7.04

The sky is falling and so is my hair

My first post. . .ugh. . .well, I'm off to school soon and with a little luck I might be able to paste together a presentation for sociology (Social Issues in Canada) next week with my group. Historically, I have never done well in group projects. My chronic shyness has me tied to a short tether pulling me into the dark, so no one can catch a glimpse of me. Sometimes it takes a day of preperation, and some tequila, to talk to strangers. What makes me mad as hell though, is that our project topic is interesting: we are examining how the Iraqi prisoners in American custody are depicted by looking at photographic representations. But my stupid, irrational, ass-backwards shyness keeps making me swallow my tongue whenever I open my mouth! It's high time I take on my self-conscious paranoia and low self-esteem in a no-holds-barred steelcage match, with razor wire strung along the top of the cage and hungry Bengal tigers pacing around us.

Oh, and I spelled "unfortunately" wrong on a testimonial I wrote for Friendster. *Groan*

No comments: